Friday, June 8, 2012

Numbers 28-30: Only at the Appointed Time

I just realized I missed several readings. So before continuing in our chronological study, I am going to post the the thoughts I missed.  Sorry for the confusion, friends!

Numbers 28: 2 
"Command the sons of Israel and say to them, ‘You shall be careful to present My offering, My food for My offerings by fire, of a soothing aroma to Me, at their appointed time.’"


The “appointed time” may refer to the timing of the fulfillment of a promise from the Lord. If we attempt to make that promise come to pass previous to the time appointed by God, we sin…period, no matter how noble our motives may be.

God promotes us at His “appointed time,” and in my experience, that time tends to arrive suddenly and unexpectedly. I had an “appointed time” experience on Thanksgiving, and my first reaction to the proposal given the day before, was a racing heart. Immediately, I turned to inquire of the Lord for His guidance. Before I could even get to my knees, I heard Him say, “I’m trying to promote you.” Peace then flooded my soul, because I knew He would be with me, giving me the necessary wisdom to complete the task.

No comments: