Thursday, November 27, 2008

Let Thanksgiving Arise: The Blessings of the Prophetic

Hearing the voice of the One Who created the universe...this was my great desire approximately eight years ago. Entering the season of some of the most horrific battles I had yet to experience in my life, I not only desired to hear the voice of Jesus, but in fact, was desperate to hear Him!

Jesus promises us that His sheep hear His voice in the amplified version of John 10:27 7 28, "The sheep that are My own hear and are listening to My voice; and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never lose it or perish throughout the ages. [To all eternity they shall never by any means be destroyed.] And no one is able to snatch them out of My hand."

To those of you sheep facing what appears insurmountable, I implore you...seek to hear His voice. He will lead you through the valley and walk with you as you climb that mountain!

But hearing the voice of God is not only personal, it is relational, which is "relationship by consanguinity or affinity : kinship," according to Merriam-Webster's online dictionary. How does hearing God's voice impact those with which we have a relationship? Holy Love answers this question!

Love, according to 1 Corinthians 14:1, should be our ultimate goal. Paul instructs us to "EAGERLY PURSUE and seek to acquire [this] love [make it your aim, your great quest]; and earnestly desire and cultivate the spiritual endowments (gifts), especially that you may prophesy ([i]interpret the divine will and purpose in inspired preaching and teaching)," emphasis mine.

Since love is our goal and we are specifically instructed to prophesy, then we should seek the heart of God about what He is saying, not only for ourselves, but for others as well.

Asking the Lord to reveal His heart about a person and then speaking His heart to that person remains the ultimate verbal expression of Love. When someone struggles with who they are in Christ, His Spirit may reveal that they are "Loved with and everlasting Love and being held with everlasting arms." Speaking words from the heart of God to one of His sheep at just the right time brings hope and life and victory to one struggling!

About a year ago, I was worshipping Jesus through dance, when I heard Him instruct me to call a woman and say, "I have seen your tears, and I am with you." I figured I'd call this woman after I had finished worshipping Jesus. But the Lord wanted me to call immediately, and I obeyed. It turns out the just prior to my phone call, the woman had been crying out to the Lord saying, "Don't you see my tears. I feel like I'm all alone." I had no idea what was going on in this woman's life, but God did and speaking the words given by Jesus brought hope and life and victory to her battle that day! God's voice was perceived and spoken...Love prevailed!!!

If you belong to Jesus, you too can hear His voice for yourself and for those around you as long as Love is the motive for speaking. The blessing of hearing God's heart and then speaking God's heart not only fulfills the desire the Lord has for us, but blesses us in the process. When we give His Love, Jesus liberally pours His Love back into us!!!

Take this Thanksgiving Day to listen for and speak the heart of God to those you contact. It doesn't have to sound spiritual, it just has to be words expressed in Love! Follow the link for God's definition of Love!!!

Jesus, You are magnificent! You are unmatched! You speak to the dead places within us and life emerges. Your words bring victory to the battle and hope to the hopeless! Pour Your Love through us today and let our eyes reflect Your Love! You, oh Perfect Love, cast out all fear and restore all things. Love conquers all!!!! Glory be to You, my Jesus!!! AMEN!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing the testimony of how you called that dear women at the right time. :)
Good thoughts on LOVE, I have been pondering that scripture lately also, so it was good to hear your thoughts on it. It is good to give His love, as you said.
Thanks for the encouragement today.
~Sandy