Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Friday, April 25, 2008
I prayed and asked the Lord to help me; somehow my old blog reposted complete with all of my previous posts but without all the sidebar extras.
I wanted to add to yesterday's six word meme that oH mY wORD is also tagged, but couldn't because of my cyber-difficulties.
Have a great day and remember...technology is only helpful if one understands how to use it!!!
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Write your own six word memoir.
Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration, if you want.
Link to the person that tagged you in your post.
Tag at least five more blogs with links.
And here's who I am tagging:
Sunday, April 20, 2008
All I can say...awesome!! The level of talent and anointing was amazing yesterday in the 2008 Christian Battle of the Bands at Redland Valley BIC.
My boys' band, Aftershock, did a fantastic job. I was so proud of them. Their original worship song still plays in my thoughts..."Healer, I call Healer. You are so many things to me, but right now what I need, is for You to heal me."
Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. W., for all the time, effort and prayer you put into organizing this awesome display of musical talent for Jesus!!!
Thank you, Sweet Mamma B., for allowing Aftershock to practice in the Youth Center.
Most of all THANK YOU JESUS for Your gifts and anointing poured out on the next generation. To You be the glory!!!!
Friday, April 18, 2008
I replaced them on the grill and continued to baste them every few minutes.
The original recipe called for the roast to marinade for at least 8 hours and no longer than 24 hours, but since I generally don't plan ahead that far in advance, I modified the recipe.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Last evening during pre-service prayer, a dear woman of God received a picture of an olive tree full of many olives. This tree was being shaken and many olives were falling to the ground. She said she believed the olives represented souls coming into the kingdom of God. My Pastor then prayed a declarative prayer about our receiving the anointing (oil) to gather the harvest.
Sometimes unripe fruit will ripen in the process of time, as in a banana, but most times an immature fruit will rot before ever ripening. This happened to me a few months ago with some bananas I had purchased. Most of the time the bananas I buy are a little green, but these bananas were green and never did get ripe, instead they rotted before they could be used.
What do we do? Ask for good judgment and wise and right discernment!!! Psalm 119:66 "Teach me good judgment, wise and right discernment, and knowledge, for I have believed (trusted, relied on, and clung to) Your commandments."
Jesus, give me (us) good judgment and wise and right discernment. Do not allow us to get outside of your appointed time, no matter how much we may desire to see salvations, deliverances, healings and restorations. Your ways are higher, You ways are wiser. Pour out Your Spirit and allow us to see You and hear You clearly. Do not allow us to judge with our eyes (physically), but always empower us to judge by Your Spirit and with Your heart. In Jesus' name!!! AMEN!!!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
1. I've had eight surgeries in my life time and DON'T plan to have anymore. The body parts under the knife...right foot twice, back (lipoma, aka "fatty tumor", fallopian tubes (tied and removal of tumor), neck (parotid gland tumor), throat (tonsils and adenoids), mouth (wisdom teeth), breast (fibroid cyst) and head (brain). Wow, too heavy; let's get a little lighter!
2. Most of my life, I have looked at the world through symbolic glasses. I take nothing at face value and am always looking beyond the surface, to see a deeper hidden meaning. One of the reasons I love the Bible so much, I suppose.
3. In college, I described myself as an disorganized perfectionist. Talk about setting myself up for failure. I have mellowed a lot since then. I really would like to have a house in better order though.
4. I really enjoy being in an atmosphere were I can let the little girl in me out. I don't think I ever really grew up; I just pretend that I am.
5. My favorite thing to do...walk along the beach as the sun is rising singing to Jesus.
6. I enjoy trying new recipes, sometimes with ingredients I can't pronounce.
7. It takes three left-brained men (Strongman, Consecrated, and Fire) to protect one right-brained woman. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I encourage you to follow the link and find out. :) Oh, let me know how it turned out, if you do.