Friday, June 1, 2007

I Love How God Works!

I love how God works!!! He encourages my heart and gives me boldness!!! You see, my "natural" personality is fearful. Understanding the "why" behind the fear is a complex issue. Life experiences affect one's soul in various ways, but one thing is clear. God commands you and I NOT to be afraid.

When we fear, it is like saying to the Lord, "Even though You hold the universe together, even though You empower me to do greater works than Jesus, even though I will spent eternity worshipping You...I don't believe You have the power to redeem this particular relationship or maybe, You are too busy to see what's going on in this situation." No, no, no!!! We (I) must not shrink back no matter how the evil one attempts to muzzle us (me) with his spirit of fear.

Yesterday, I was remembering how the Lord encouraged me the night before my brain surgery. He had poured out the “peace that surpasses all understanding,” (Philipians 4:7) but all of a sudden, fear started to grip my soul. Randomly, I opened my Bible to “Have I not commanded you. Be strong and of good courage. Be not afraid or dismayed for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go,” and Mr. Fear fled!!! (Joshua 1:9)

Joshua 1:9 applies today…in relationships, in situations, in all things I have no control over. My Jesus will work out all things for good for those who love Him (that’s me) and are called according to His purpose (that’s me).
(Romans 8:28)

Even this morning, the Joshua verse replayed in my mind just before checking my e-mail. To my delight, I received this prophetic e-mail from Marsha Burns.


Spirit of Prophecy Bulletin
Small Straws In A Soft Wind
by Marsha Burns

June 1, 2007: Now is the time when you can bring resolution to issues that have been unresolved until now. Your efforts to bring these things to a conclusion in the past have gone unrewarded. But, you have entered a window of time in which you can tie up loose ends of various kinds. Be courageous and do not be afraid to settle your accounts in an effort to move ahead, says the Lord. Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."


I love how God works!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And I love how He works as well, my friend. His intricacies are beyond words...well beyond words and well beyond the simple mind of man. Only through the Mind of Christ, with which He has gifted those who belong to Him (as I know you know) can we even begin to understand what He has done for us...and there is so much more to come! Glory to His Name!
Till later...

Kelli said...

Excellent reminder. Be strong. It's a command isn't it?

Beautiful Grace said...

Yes, absolutely, Classic Mama! :)