Monday, June 4, 2007

When Doves Coo

This morning I wrote in the margin of my Bible, "Let me hear You sing."

While Strongman and I were relaxing on our deck this evening, we heard a loud cooing sound. Strongman said, "I think it's that dove sitting on top of the shed." He was correct; the loud song came from a beautiful little dove perched atop our shed.

If you know me, you know that I am extremely fond of symbols. God uses types and symbols all throughout His Word...He still speaks symbolically (and literally) today.

My point is, I asked to hear the voice of Jesus singing, and I believe I did hear Him singing. The dove, as most of you know, is symbolic for His Holy Spirit. I have heard the cooing of doves before, but never saw one in the act of cooing (singing). I find this too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence.

I serve a God Who loves me enough to send a dove just to sing to me, reminding me that even if I do not hear Jesus’ voice audibly, He still is singing!

This Jesus loves you and I so much that He sings over us!!!

"The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a mighty One, a Savior (Who saves)! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest (in silent satisfaction) and in His love He will be silent and make no mention (of past sins, or even recall them); He will exult over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

My friend, if You know Jesus as Savior be encouraged, He does not remember your former sins. He loves you so much that He actually sings over you!!! If you do not know Jesus as Savior yet, what are you waiting for? He is the One You have been waiting for!

You, my Jesus, have put a song in my heart, and I will sing to You for all of my days on earth and throughout eternity. I love You!!!

4 comments:

Plain and Simple said...

I love the way God works. He gives us just what we need when we need it.

Your posts have been awesome!

Beautiful Grace said...

Thank you Sweetheart, I mean Plain and Simple!!! Love you! :)

Kelli said...

I remember when Bob Sorge came to the church and told a story of doves and how they can only look at one another, even to their own peril at times. The Father has such devotion to us that He never looks away. :) Symbols are wonderful.

Beautiful Grace said...

Hi Classic Mama,

You were reading my blog as I was reading yours. :)

Yeah, I remember Bob Sorge saying that.

I was saved in a Lutheran Church, which is full of beautiful symbolism. The Holy Spirit then took all the symbols I saw all of my growing up years and breathed life into them. That’s why I love symbols.

He is AWESOME!!!