Friday, June 8, 2012

Numbers 35 & 36: A Land Polluted

Numbers 35:33-34

“So you shall not pollute the land in which you live; for blood pollutes the land, and no atonement can be made for the land for the blood shed in it, but by the blood of him who shed it. And you shall not defile the land in which you live, in the midst of which I dwell, for I, the Lord, dwell in the midst of the people of Israel.”


Years ago, I read these verses and the atrocity of abortion came to mind. I have written in my Bible, “Abortion pollutes our land with the blood of innocents.”

Yet, even the abortionist can flee to Jesus as Refuge and be saved. The woman coerced into submitting herself to this heinous procedure has Refuge in Jesus and can be washed whiter than snow. The blood of Jesus can purify our land from the pollution of violence.

No comments: