Saturday, October 18, 2014

Ezekiel 32-34: God's Hydrangea Promise

Ezekiel 34:11-16
Amplified Bible (AMP)

11 For thus says the Lord God: Behold, I, I Myself, will search for My sheep and will seek them out.
 
12 As a shepherd seeks out his sheep in the day that he is among his flock that are scattered, so will I seek out My sheep; and I will rescue them out of all places where they have been scattered in the day of clouds and thick darkness.
 
13 And I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries and will bring them to their own land; and I will feed them upon the mountains of Israel, by the watercourses, and in all the inhabited places of the country.
 
14 I will feed them with good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be; there shall they lie down in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel.
 
15 I will feed My sheep and I will cause them to lie down, says the Lord God.
 
16 I will seek that which was lost and bring back that which has strayed, and I will bandage the hurt and the crippled and will strengthen the weak and the sick, but I will destroy the fat and the strong [who have become hardhearted and perverse]; I will feed them with judgment and punishment.
 
These verses give me personal encouragement among many verses of censure directed towards the Lord's sheep.  No matter how we have failed or others have failed us, our Heavenly Father promises...
 
  • I Myself, will search
  • I will rescue
  • I will bring them out
  • I will feed them 
  • I will cause them to lie down
  • I will seek and bring back
  • I will bandage and strengthen
 
The Lord is wonderful!  He has revealed Himself to me, personally in all of the ways He has promised above!
 
One of the ways He fulfills His promises to me is through dreams.  Several years ago, my Abba gave me a beautiful "promise dream." 
 
In this dream, Jesus handed me a single blue hydrangea.  My heart could feel His intense love and I awoke feeling loved simultaneously a sweet flowery scent permeated the atmosphere in the room!
 
I knew the Lord was pouring out His love.  I knew He was giving me a gift.  But, I didn't fully comprehend what He was communicating until recently.
 
My husband, Strongman, and I just celebrated thirty years of marriage on September 22nd.  My sweet husband took me to the beach for a week to celebrate. 
 
During the months before our trip, the Lord reminded me of the beautiful "blue hydrangea dream."  I felt like He said that His gift of love to me was a husband who has loved me from my youth.  That no matter what trials or temptations or failings both of us have walked through, His grace kept us together.  His grace empowered us to love and forgive each other.
 
In honor of the Lord and my Strongman, I covertly planned a beach renewal of vows.  Both of my wonderful sisters assisted me with my plan.  My sister, Maryann, ordered the dress so Strongman wouldn't see the charge on our credit card.  My sister, Jane, altered the dress.  Thank you, wonderful Sisters!  My Dad allowed me to store the dress at his house, so Strongman wouldn't see it.  :)
 
Let me encourage those who are married.  The Lord binds two together; His grace is the glue.  No matter what attack the evil one launches against your marriage, His grace, the awesome power of God is available.  Cling to Father!  Embrace your mate!  Remember to forgive!  Receive His gift!
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are blessed, and know it. I am happy for you. You beat the odds, to use the world's way of thinking. Nothing is more vital, especially to a woman, than to know she is loved. One of my favorite words is 'cherish'. You apparently have first hand knowledge of that precious sentiment. Blessings!

Beautiful Grace said...

Thanks, Nita,

We have had assaults, but Jesus was victorious! All glory to Jesus!