Friday, June 8, 2012

Deuteronomy 3 & 4: Closer in the Fire

Deuteronomy 4:36
Amplified Bible (AMP)

“Out of heaven He made you hear His voice, that He might correct, discipline, and admonish you; and on earth He made you see His great fire, and you heard His words out of the midst of the fire.”


I wrote in the margin of my Bible next to verse 36, “Fiery trials cause me to cling closer to You. The closer I am to You, the better I can hear You.”

None of us enjoy a fiery trial, but in the trial if we cling to the Lord, the end result will be a deeper relationship. Learning to depend on and trust in the only Help that can move to change things matures us.

Leaning on Jesus enables communication to flow and hearing His voice is a beautiful thing. His words offer comfort and courage, power and passion, peace and rest.

Thank You for Your grace, Abba. You are a good Father, and I appreciate all that You do for me!

No comments: