Friday, February 29, 2008

Poetry Place: Your Bride


Your Bride
Beautiful Grace
Thanksgiving 2004

She is a bold lion, listening and obeying.
She runs after her beloved Shepherd,
not caring what others think.

Her passion for the Lord evidences itself without reserve.
She hides no emotion, whether tears or joy,
Because that is who her Bridegroom made her to be.

Love flows so naturally from her being,
Love put there from above, a gift of sorts,
In order to walk through life on earth pleasing her Master.

Rivers of Living Water flow
As this love is released to those around her,
A cool drink of spiritual refreshment in a dry and weary land.

Those who know her marvel at the favor of the Most High God Which rests on her very life.

Many join with her in song,
The song of the Bride.
They listen carefully for the voice of the Son
It is His song they sing,
Repeating the words of it back to Him.

The Bride and Bridegroom’s voices ring together throughout the land
Perfect harmony and melody together blended.

The unity of song releases the power and glory of the Father.
A wave of glory washes over the land
Wiping away all that is not pleasing to Him.
What remains has been washed by this holy flood,
Cleansed, strong, and true.

Make me that Bride, Lord.
You have the power to accomplish anything!

Revelation 22:17

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Sounds like Dottie Schmit's book. I think it was called The Bride Wore Combat Boots. :)

I really liked this poem a lot. I think it's one of your best.

Livin' Life said...

Very beautiful and powerful. May we embrace it's meaning as His Bride.

Awesome stuff!!!!

Beautiful Grace said...

Thanks, gals!

Part of this poem was inspired by a dream I had several years ago. I love the way Jesus works...He shows the picture, and I just try to describe what I saw.

Bless you, both!!! Have a fantastic weekend.

Livin' Life, I will be a church on Sunday this weekend. Have a meeting to attend re: our upcoming "Princess Party." I can't wait.

CaptivatedByGrace said...

This is such a beautiful poem and an awesome picture of the Bride! I never enjoyed poetry until I read poems about God, now I'm hooked :) I can't wait to read more!