Sunday, June 24, 2012

Proverbs 25-26: Glory Concealed

Proverbs 25:2
Amplified Bible (AMP)

It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, but the glory of kings is to search out a thing.


I have been a dreamer since childhood.  At times, nighttime was more like watching a movie than getting some sleep.  Most dreams during childhood were more aptly described as "night terrors."  I wasn't thrilled about going to sleep at night.  The only way I could go back to sleep was with Mom holding me.  Needless to say my attitude towards dreaming was not favorable.

But...

Years later, I learned that God actually communicates at times with us through our dreams.  After asking God to speak to me through my dreams, I began to develop a sort of personal dream language.  Though the thing about dreams is that most of the time they are highly symbolic in nature.  

God has used dreams to direct my steps (Matthew 1:20), warn of impending danger (Matthew 2:12), encourage my heart (Genesis 28:12), and speak about others (Genesis 37:5-7).  The difficulty lies in understanding this cryptic form of godly communication.  Most times, I only have a partial understanding of what God is trying to say.  It is only after the fact that a fuller understanding is revealed.

It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, but the glory of a king to search it out!

God wants us to care enough about finding what's on His heart that He purposely hides it in symbolism!  I talked to Abba about these communications, studied the Scripture, and read Christian books on the subject.  

If you are a dreamer of dreams, don't automatically discount them.  God may be attempting to give you guidance for that difficult situation or wisdom for the next step.


Acts 2:16-18
Amplified Bible (AMP)

16 But [instead] this is [the beginning of] what was spoken through the prophet Joel:

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, God declares, that I will pour out of My Spirit upon all mankind, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy [[a]telling forth the divine counsels] and your young men shall see visions ([b]divinely granted appearances), and your old men shall dream [[c]divinely suggested] dreams.

18 Yes, and on My menservants also and on My maidservants in those days I will pour out of My Spirit, and they shall prophesy [[d]telling forth the divine counsels and [e]predicting future events pertaining especially to God’s kingdom].


You hide Your glory, Lord, but we love You enough to search for it!  Open the eyes of our understanding to Your voice in the night.  In Jesus' name, AMEN!!!

2 comments:

peacewithin said...

This is true! I also analyze my dreams and i even bought the book of dreams. I think that our unconscious points out the issues that are bothering us. Sometimes when i pray before i sleep i think that i get delightful and sweet dreams. Well thanks for sharing. :)

Beautiful Grace said...

Thanks for you comment, peacewithin! I appreciate the encouragement!!!

With Much Love...
Beautiful Grace