Sunday, June 17, 2012

Proverbs 22-24: Through Wisdom a Home is Built

Proverbs 24:3-4
Amplified Bible (AMP)

Through skillful and godly Wisdom is a house (a life, a home, a family) built, and by understanding it is established [on a sound and good foundation],



And by knowledge shall its chambers [of every area] be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Twenty-two years ago, I held my beloved son in my arms for the first time.   I gently placed him in his crib realizing that I had not a clue how to be a mother.  From day one, I cried out to the Lord asking Him to teach me mothering.

Four years later, I was gifted with yet another beloved son.  

Raising up boys to men has been my most difficult and important life assignment; I love them with my whole mommy heart!  Yet, in raising them up, I made errors, not for a lack of love, but for a lack in my own maturity.  

The Lord called me to home educate my sons, which caused a whole new set of blessings and stressors to be released upon our family.  Although a difficult responsibility, I will never suffer the guilt of not being there for my children.  The Lord did answer my cry for wisdom in mothering, and He continues to answer my cry today as I am learning to be a mother of men.  

Wisdom, understanding, and knowledge are the foundations of a godly home, and although I did miss the mark at times, my sons have absolutely no doubt in their hearts that they are loved by their mom...forever!

No comments: