Saturday, September 22, 2007

Naked and Not Ashamed



And the man and his wife were both naked and were not embarrassed or ashamed in each other's presence. Genesis 2:25 (Amplified)

The verse above refers to Adam and Eve, creation's first husband and wife. Physically naked, they walked and talked and loved each other. They were a perfect match, made by the Perfect Matchmaker.


Before the fall, they knew no sin; therefore, they had no need for embarrassment or shame even in nakedness. They were clothed with innocence. When sin tainted the perfection of God's creation, all of that changed. Now their eyes were opened, and they were ashamed!!!

September 22, 2007, marks Strongman and my twenty-third anniversary. In the last twenty-three years, we have seen each other at our worst and our best, but only a few years ago did I realize that not only can I be physically naked and not ashamed in my husband's presence, but more importantly, I can be spiritually naked before my husband and not be ashamed. He has proven to be my most trustworthy and faithful friend (next to Jesus). Never have I met another human being, who really knows my weaknesses, yet has NEVER ONCE made me to feel embarrassed or ashamed. He loves me in process. :)

I take this opportunity to thank you, Strongman, for your faithfulness and love. We definitely have lived "for better and for worse, in sickness and in health" in our marriage, but through it all, you have remained steadfast. He is changing both of us from glory to glory.


Happy Anniversary, Strongman. I love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute to your husband. I must admit, although my husband totally accepting of the changes my body has made over the year, I am not, so nakedness is undercover of darkness for me! ;)

In all other areas I can stand without embarrassment in front of him - with the lights on!

Kelli said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Strongman said...

Hi Sweety & Happy Anniversary !!! I am blessed to have such a wonderful, loving wife. You are truly Beautiful and full of Grace.
I Love You !!!