Tuesday, July 29, 2008

How to Skewer Yourself With Ten Tiny Splinters

As mentioned in my post "My Knight in Shining Armor," Strongman removed ten splinters from both of my feet. How did I get them? Let me explain. You see the nice deck below? Well, that deck hadn't been cleaned for years, and I do mean years. If you look at the floor of the deck you can see it had actually turned to black because of a fungus that had grown on it...yuck!!! Beautiful Grace, that's me, got the idea to clean the deck and enlisting the help of Strongman set out to restore the deck to its natural beauty.

We scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed for six days we scrubbed. We scrubbed so much that we jokingly kept repeating, "Whose idea was this anyway?"
You can see the clean deck below. Isn't it pretty? My niece's husband even made the comment that he hadn't visited us since we added the new deck. (Our deck is ~17 years old). Strongman, that's my hubby, decided it would be great to stain our deck, since we had worked so hard to make it clean.
We stained and stained and stained some more and finally this past Saturday, we finished. Yeah!!!





Part of my job was to stain the floor boards; I didn't want to ruin my shoes with the stain so I brilliantly deducted to stain in my bare feet. There you have it folks...How I skewered myself with ten tiny splinters!

Strongman and Consecrated ~17 Years Ago

5 comments:

Hands-Free Heart said...

Wow, your deck looks great! Isn't it satisfying to enjoy the results of your hard work? (After removing splinters, of course)

Maria said...

What a lovely deck! Good job. ;)

Maria Matter said...

Wow, it does look like a new deck!! Beautiful work!!! Thanks for including the picture from 17 years ago...how sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

The deck looks GREAT! Wow! I bet you worked hard! I forgot to ask you about the splinters when we met. :)

You will have to read the comments about our meeting on my site. :)

I am still enjoying that Dove dark chocolate....thanks again.

Melissa said...

Beautiful! You did a great job!