Friday, June 8, 2012

Deuteronomy 11-13: Hearts Soft and Pliable


Deuteronomy 10:16
Amplified Bible (AMP)

“So circumcise the foreskin of your [minds and] hearts; be no longer stubborn and hardened.”



Gill’s Commentary states, “…be concerned for the circumcision of the heart; for removing from that whatever is disagreeable to the Lord, even all carnality, sensuality, hypocrisy, and superfluity of naughtiness,…”

Gill defines being stubborn and hardened as, ” froward, obstinate, and disobedient.”

Salvation is free, but we have a responsibility to access the grace God provides for us in order to cut off or circumcise the areas of our heart that are not pleasing to Him. This is a moment by moment choice. The evil one will do what he does by offering temptation, but we, in co-operation with His Spirit, must recognize this subterfuge and demolish it.

Holy Spirit cause me to see the trappings of the evil one and work with You to demolish the temptations that lay before me. My heart belongs to You, and I don’t want anything in it that pollutes. When I worship, I desire Your pleasure. I don’t want to give lip service to You, Lord. I want my heart to mirror Yours. Impurities dim the fire in my heart. My heart will burn with a pure flame always for You, Jesus! AMEN!!!

No comments: