Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Isaiah 40-43: I Will Harden You to Difficulties

Isaiah 41:10 
Amplified Bible (AMP) 

"Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice."

The longer I live on this earth, the more I realize that the spirit of fear controls or attempts to control the masses...through the news, a diagnosis, in relationships.  I started writing this post weeks ago, but didn't know how to proceed.  During my bike workout today, the Lord gave me a download!  :) 

Fear is a spirit.  

2 Timothy 1:7
Amplified

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice,of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control."

I have witnessed Holy-Spirit filled Christians succumb to the spirit of fear.  Fear holds us back from our destinies.  Fear causes internal turmoil, which affects our body negatively.  Fear clouds our discernment, causing us to perceive others and situations incorrectly.  Oftentimes, this discernment play directly into the hands of the evil one, spreading disunity through suspicion and mistrust.  

I have fallen to fear's tactics!

Just this past Sunday, my emotions were stirred previous to the sermon and during worship.  Thinking about how others think about me.  That's fear.  I admit it and cast it down in the name of Jesus!  If others react towards me because of fear's whispers, my response should be prayer, not, get upset.  You see, the Lord is hardening me to difficulties.  He helps me in my time of trouble! Time and time again, He has proven Himself to me.  He holds me up with His victorious right hand!!!  He has commanded me, "Sit down, while I stand up for you."  

I'm thankful this emotional attack did not last long.  I submitted myself (I actually got down on the floor) to the Lord during worship, and the evil one fled.  satan can not stand it when we resist him and submit ourselves to God, because when we do, grace is released into our situation.  Grace is God's power.  And satan got nothing on God!!!!

James  4:7

New King James Version 

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you."


What's awesome is that Sunday's sermon was all about resisting the spirit of fear!!!  I just love the Lord, how He speaks, makes me feel His love!!!

God will always bring righteousness and justice to situations.  It occurs in His time.  It manifests in His way.  AND during the process, He hardens us to difficulties, causing our faith muscles to enlarge!  I'm all about toned muscles physically and spiritually!!!

In case, you have forgotten.  I love you all, and I declare we will not remain muzzled by fear.  I declare we will love each other in ways that honor the Lord.  We will not have our discernment skewed by fear's influence.  All for the love of Jesus and in His name.  AMEN!!!

7 comments:

David C Brown said...

Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all ye that hope in Jehovah, Psalm 31: 24.

Beautiful Grace said...

Thank you, David!

jeanenerisingabove said...

I just came across your blog as I was looking for the same scripture passage in Isaiah. I so agree with all you wrote! There's a song out called "Fear is a lier". It has become my motto. Thanks for posting!!
Jeanene

Unknown said...

Just what I needed. Thank you for your post. Thank you Linda D.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your post. I needed to read this today. Thanks Linda D.

Beautiful Grace said...

Bless you, Linda D.

Unknown said...

So beautifly said...and so true and encouraging..keep spreading the good news!