Friday, May 4, 2012

1 Chronicles 6: Let Me Hear You Singing


1 Chronicles 6
Amplified Bible (AMP)


31  These David put over the service of song in the house of the Lord after the ark of the covenant rested there [after being taken by the Philistines and later placed in the house of Abinadab, where it remained for nearly 100 years during the rest of Samuel's judgeship and Saul's entire reign and into David's reign].


32  They ministered before the tabernacle of the Tent of Meeting with singing until Solomon had built the Lord's house in Jerusalem, performing their service in due order.




Music/Singing has always been a part of my life.  My earliest memories include my wonderful earthly father singing...in the shower, as I laid my head on his chest, and as he rocked me singing, "Daddy's Biggy Girl."  


It isn't hard for me to believe that God enjoys singing!  I know how especially loved I felt when dad sang to me.  Then when I found out that my heavenly Father sings over me, I was overwhelmed.  


"The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a mighty One, a Savior (Who saves)! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest (in silent satisfaction) and in His love He will be silent and make no mention (of past sins, or even recall them); He will exult over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17


What an honor to be placed in a position where you get to sing to the Lord!  We all have that honor!  We can sing to the Lord, expressing our love and appreciation for Him any time.  


We sing to Him; He sings over us.  It's a beautiful picture of love and intimacy, just like the love and intimacy I felt with my earthly dad.  Let me hear You singing, Abba!


http://beautifulgrace2008.blogspot.com/2007/06/when-doves-coo.html

No comments: