Monday, May 21, 2012

Psalm 32, 51, 86, 122: Forgiveness, Continually Exercised!!!

Psalm 32
(Amplified)

1 BLESSED (HAPPY, fortunate, to be envied) is he who has forgiveness of his transgression continually exercised upon him, whose sin is covered.



Think about the statement, "forgiveness of his transgression continually exercised upon him, whose sin is covered." Forgiveness continually exercised. Forgiveness is CONTINUALLY EXERCISED!!! Wow, my sin IS covered!!! Your sin IS covered!!! Isn't that the most freeing statement? I AM BLESSED!!! YOU ARE BLESSED!!!


3 When I kept silence [before I confessed], my bones wasted away through my groaning all the day long.

4 For day and night Your hand [of displeasure] was heavy upon me; my moisture was turned into the drought of summer. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!


There is no benefit in hiding sin from God. He knows everything...every thought pondered, every word spoken, every deed performed. He is willing to continually exercise forgiveness, but that can't be accomplished unless we admit our desperate need for forgiveness! It is prideful to believe that we can escape God's displeasure when we sin. God is a Good Father. A good father doesn't allow His kids to do something that is harmful to them. Sin is harmful to our soul and spirit and body and eventually ends in death when full grown. Of course, God's hand of displeasure would weigh upon us. He LOVES us!!!


5 I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I did not hide. I said, I will confess my transgressions to the Lord [continually unfolding the past till all is told]--then You [instantly] forgave me the guilt and iniquity of my sin. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!



All we are required to do is acknowledge and confess our sin to God, and He instantly forgives. He doesn't hold that sin against us and cast it up to us when convenient as a means of manipulation. He doesn't hold us at arm's length putting us on probation, because we messed up. He doesn't require us to prove ourselves. He certainly doesn't require us to work, work, work to demonstrate to man we have changed. He instantly forgives. That means it's a done deal! When God forgives us, it's as though we never sinned in the first place. It's the evil one who reminds us of our past in order to intimidate us into submission. It's the evil one who whispers the lie that, "Maybe, you really aren't forgiven" or "That's it. You sinned one too many times. No more strikes for you. You're out!" That's not how God rolls (works)! :)

7 You are a hiding place for me; You, Lord, preserve me from trouble, You surround me with songs and shouts of deliverance. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

This verse stirs me to sing, dance, and shout my love for the Lord!!! He "surround(s) me with songs and shouts of deliverance!!!! Oh, I'm feeling Him right now, How wonderful!!!


8  I [the Lord] will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.



He instructs me, teaches me, counsels me with His eye upon me. The most vivid mental image I have of Jesus is His eyes gazing at me, fierce and passionate, full of perfect love and peace, a magnificent warrior and a regal King!!!


Revelation 19:12
Amplified Bible (AMP)

12  His eyes [blaze] like a flame of fire, and on His head are many kingly crowns (diadems); and He has a title (name) inscribed which He alone knows or can understand.



This is the God I serve!!! I am overwhelmingly blessed!!!


No comments: