Monday, June 15, 2009

Tennis Anyone?


Anyone who doubted my sanity will have their suspicions confirmed after reading this post!

As a teen, I loved playing tennis, and, at least by my estimation, was fairly skilled at the fast-paced sport.

Jump forward, forty years...I still love playing tennis, BUT, and that's a BIG BUT, am forty years older- weaker muscles, and an more "mature" brain with its resulting slower reflexes.

Because of the love of the game, I challenged three of our neighborhood boys, ages 15, 16, & 17 to a match! Not thinking, I did not change my attire to match the pre-summer weather-black shirt and black jogging pants, yikes!!!!

We began our fun with a doubles match, but quickly gave up that idea, because I am not accustomed to playing with a partner. We decided to play singles- winners playing winners and losers playing losers in a best out of three competition.

Needless to say, I came in fourth place, BUT those young men knew this old lady was there!!!!

I am thankful that the guys agreed to play with the old lady. ;)

I wonder if I'll be able to get out of bed tomorrow? Sanity check!

1 comment:

Crown of Beauty said...

Hi, great to see multiple posts from you!

Had fun reading this post of yours.

I'm quite sure that with more practice, you will soon regain your skills, and who knows you may still come out #1 over your opponents!

There is something about being mature that still outdoes the younger ones, even in tennis. At least that is what I think.