Sunday, May 27, 2012

Psalm 5, 38, 41 & 42: Hear and Learn, Listen and Receive

Psalm 5:3
Amplified Bible (AMP)

In the morning You hear my voice, O Lord; in the morning I prepare [a prayer, a sacrifice] for You and watch and wait [for You to speak to my heart].


This morning (a few weeks ago), I woke up thinking about the faithfulness of God. In my half awake state, I could "feel" His faithfulness rather than mentally recalling the many, many specific instances of His faithfulness in my life, I found myself asking Him to empower me with His kind of faithfulness in all of my interactions and dealings with others.


Psalm 38:5
Amplified Bible (AMP)

My wounds are loathsome and corrupt because of my foolishness.



Have you ever messed up BIG TIME? I have. AND caused myself loathsome and corrupt wounds. Thankfully, the Lord has done a wonderful work of healing in me, but the scars remain as a reminders of my transgression. BUT, be encouraged, our biggest mess ups can be our most valuable teachers IF we are willing students. Lord, empower us to learn from our mistakes!


Psalm 41:1-3
Amplified Bible (AMP)

1 BLESSED (HAPPY, fortunate, to be envied) is he who considers the weak and the poor; the Lord will deliver him in the time of evil and trouble.

2 The Lord will protect him and keep him alive; he shall be called blessed in the land; and You will not deliver him to the will of his enemies.

3 The Lord will sustain, refresh, and strengthen him on his bed of languishing; all his bed You [O Lord] will turn, change, and transform in his illness.



Wow! What an awesome promises from Abba for "...he who considers the weak and the poor."

  •  "The Lord will deliver him in the time of evil and trouble."

  •  "The Lord will protect him and keep him alive."

  • "He shall be called blessed in the land."

  • He will not be delivered to the will of his enemies.

  • He will be sustained, refreshed, and strengthened on his bed of languishing.
  • The Lord will turn, change, and transform him in his illness.


Psalm 42:8
Amplified Bible (AMP)

Yet the Lord will command His loving-kindness in the daytime, and in the night His song shall be with me, a prayer to the God of my life.



I personally have experienced His song during a night season in my life. Some of my most intense experiences with my Lord have been in the middle of the night during a dark season. His "song" opened my eyes and comforted my soul. He convinced me that the spiritual realm is "realer" than this earthly reality. I'm thankful that God likes to sing! :)

No comments: