Saturday, May 12, 2012

Psalm 1, 2 , 15, 22, 23, 24, 47, and 68: Receive His Strength


Psalm 68:32-35
Amplified Bible (AMP)


32  Sing to God, O kingdoms of the earth, sing praises to the Lord! Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!


33  [Sing praises] to Him Who rides upon the heavens, the ancient heavens; behold, He sends forth His voice, His mighty voice.


34  Ascribe power and strength to God; His majesty is over Israel, and His strength and might are in the skies.


35  O God, awe-inspiring, profoundly impressive, and terrible are You out of Your holy places; the God of Israel Himself gives strength and fullness of might to His people. Blessed be God!


As a young girl, I considered myself as weak...weak in physical strength and weak in controlling my emotions.  I didn't like this weakling very much.  I admired those who were able to take charge of a situation without apparent fear of failure.  


Yet as I began to mature, I began to see that my perceived weaknesses were actually stepping stones.  I had to recognize my weakness, before leaning on God to give me strength.  


Think about it.  If we "think" we have it all under control, that we are independent, intelligent, and successful in life, why would we rely on the Lord for His strength?


It's a very good thing to realize that we are not "all that."  I have friends who are very intelligent and independent.  They walk through this life themselves without relying on God's strength and wisdom to get them through.  But, in some ways intelligence and independence are liabilities that keep them from receiving the "One Who rides upon the heavens, the ancient heavens."  


Don't put yourself down for recognizing your weaknesses.  It is the first step in being able to receive "the God of Israel Himself [Who] gives strength and fullness of might to His people. Blessed be God!"


[Who] was added by me to make the sentence grammatically correct.  ;)

No comments: