Saturday, May 19, 2012

Psalm 65-67, 69 and 70: He Will Not Allow My Feet to Slip

Psalm 66:8 & 9
Amplified Bible (AMP)

"Bless our God, O peoples, give Him grateful thanks and make the voice of His praise be heard,

Who put and kept us among the living, and has not allowed our feet to slip."



When thinking about feet slipping, I think about falling to sin. I used to be hypersensitive to falling to sin. I was so worried about sinning that anxiety built up to the point of panic attacks. I acted and reacted with fear in situations of temptation to the point of making me appear guilty.  Isn't that just the way satan works?


I DO NOT believe the Lord wants me/us to live that way! 

 My focus was off. I was thinking about and meditating on potential sin, when what I should have been thinking about and meditating on was the Lord and His ways. In a way, such a mindset was lifting up sin and giving it power over me, elevating it to idol status! 

Didn't Jesus die on the cross to break the power of sin over me/us? YES!!!!

The Lord even gave me a dream during this off focus period assuring me that I would not fall.  (He's so good to me!)


He will not allow my foot to slip! Therefore, I can dream with Him and be His partner as I live my life in peace here on earth. 

He will not allow my foot to slip! Therefore, I can worship Him with all that I am and teach others to do the same.

He will not allow my foot to slip! Therefore, I can love like He does and spread His peace to everyone I contact.

He will not allow my foot to slip! Therefore, I will not obsess about sin or potential sin; I will have one holy obsession, one holy passion...Jesus!!!


I'm so thankful to be free of this bondage!!!



Thank You, Lord for holding me and directing my path. You love me and will always keep me from slipping. If I mess up, You are by my side to help me stand tall again, because You will never leave me or forsake me. Thank You! I will make the voice of Your praise be heard!  AMEN!!!

No comments: