Saturday, May 12, 2012

Psalm 89, 96, 100, 101, 105 and 132: He Rules the Raging Sea


Psalm 89:8 & 9
Amplified Bible (AMP)


O Lord God of hosts, who is a mighty one like unto You, O Lord? And Your faithfulness is round about You [an essential part of You at all times].


You rule the raging of the sea; when its waves arise, You still them




Life is a series of events.  As humans we judge these events by the effects they have on our soul.  As unique individuals, each of us uses a different measure or standard to evaluate these events.  One person can walk with apparent ease through a "difficult situation," while that same scenario played out in another person's life would be devastating.  


As I drove home from work two nights ago, I reviewed my shift.  Cognitively, I deduced that it had been "stressful," but in my soul, I hadn't felt stressed.  It hadn't "felt" stressful to me!  Initially, when the sea began its rage, I felt my heart quicken.  Immediately, I began to pray in my head for peace and wisdom to reign, and immediately, the potential negative soul reaction was thwarted. 


Afterwards, a coworker remarked, "You were so calm."  Friends, I can only say, "Praise Jesus!!!!" 


Slowly, I am learning that this life on earth is not my true home.  Slowly, my soul is catching up to my spirit, knowing that when the sea rages, it is God who stills it. My God is FAITHFUL, and if I find myself in the midst of a "raging sea" experience, I know that Jesus is in it with me!!!  


Praise to my Jesus!!!!!



No comments: