Monday, May 7, 2012

Psalm 102-104: Counted as Past


Psalm 103:6
Amplified Bible (AMP)


6  The Lord executes righteousness and justice [not for me only, but] for all who are oppressed.




This was a "hold on to with all of my strength" verse at a point in my life when oppression reigned.  At times, oppression wrapped itself so tightly around my chest that I could barely breathe.  Yet, I held on to this promise.  I held on to the Lord.


At night, when anxiety would exert its full weight on my soul, I would place my Bible on my chest, hugging it tightly.  Jesus is the Word, and the Word is the Bible.  I needed to clutch something tangible symbolizing my spiritual resolve to hold on to Jesus.


Thankfulness overflows my heart that those days are counted as past!!!


For any one of you who reads this, be assured that the Lord does execute righteousness and justice for ALL who are oppressed...spiritually, physically or emotionally!!!  Hold tightly to Jesus.  This difficult season will soon be counted as past!!!

No comments: