Friday, May 25, 2012

Psalm 26, 40, 58, 61, 62, & 64: We NEED to Worship God

Psalm 64:10
Amplified Bible (AMP)

10 The [uncompromisingly] righteous shall be glad in the Lord and shall trust and take refuge in Him; and all the upright in heart shall glory and offer praise.



Did you ever think about why God commands us to worship Him?

Is it because He has a huge ego that needs fed?

Does He have a self-esteem problem and needs us to build Him up?

Could it be that He gets a rush of pride when we weakling human beings magnify Him?


NO, NO, NO!!!


I think God knows that by us releasing glory and praise to Him that we get much, much more that we give. In spiritual economics, what is given comes back multiplied. God knows we NEED to praise Him, we NEED to worship Him because we NEED what comes back to us…Peace, Healing, Empowerment, Love, etc.

These blessings already were there, but through worship we receive the ability to recognize and grasp them.

I will be glad in You, Lord, and shall put my trust and take refuge in You; My heart shall glory and offer praise to You forever…AND I will do it because You deserve ALL of my worship, that is my motive, but a beautiful side benefit is that my needs gets met as I do.  Your ways are beautiful!!!

No comments: