Monday, April 2, 2012

Joshua 12-15: Bolster Not Bust


"Words Set in Stone"
Used with permission from Amy Jane

Joshua 14:8
Amplified Bible (AMP)

“But my brethren who went up with me made the hearts of the people melt; yet I wholly followed the Lord my God.”




This powerful statement has proven its truth throughout my life. The people around us can use their words to instill courage or cowardice. I have even noticed that sometimes when a naysayer is confronted with words of faith and life, often he/she erects an insulating wall around their heart against words of victory. They desire to stay in their state of defeat and are deceived into believing a lie.

In contrast, there are those whose hearts spark with a flicker of hope when someone boldly declares truth and victory, life and grace. These dear ones burn brighter and brighter with the power of positive words poured into their souls. These healed ones then rise up and become those who go on to encourage others, rescuing them from the pit of negativity.

We have a holy responsibility to use our words in ways that bolster, not bust the souls of our brothers and sisters.

In addition to routine verbal encouragement, I have begun to speak Biblical declarations of life over my sons. I look each of them in the eyes and speak the promises of God over them. Jesus says, my words have power, and I believe those promises will be fulfilled in the lives of my precious sons.

Holy Spirit, empower our tongues to speak life and courage. Give us Your wisdom when confrontation of wrong is in order, but even in that case, give us the grace to speak redemption and restoration. In the powerful and awesome and beautiful name of Jesus. AMEN!!!

No comments: