Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Psalm 56, 120, 140 & 141: My Tears in His Bottle


Psalm 56:8
Amplified Bible (AMP)

“You number and record my wanderings; put my tears into Your bottle–are they not in Your book?”



This verse has given me the comfort I needed during a time in my life when tears were my food. What a wonderful promise that the Most High God would take the time to not only notice my tears, but to number them, noting the wanderings that precipitated them. My Friend collects my tears and places them in His holy bottle. He cares about everything that injures my soul, because He loves me!!!


Psalm 42:3
Amplified Bible (AMP)

“My tears have been my food day and night, while men say to me all day long, Where is your God?”



Psalm 141:4
Amplified Bible (AMP)

“Incline my heart not to submit or consent to any evil thing or to be occupied in deeds of wickedness with men who work iniquity; and let me not eat of their dainties.”



From Barnes Notes on the Bible
“Incline not my heart to any evil thing – Hebrew, to a word that is evil; that is, wrong. The connection seems to demand that the term should be thus explained. The expression ‘Incline not’ is not designed to mean that God exerts any ‘positive’ influence in leading the heart to that which is wrong; but it may mean “Do not place me in circumstances where I may be tempted; do not leave me to myself; do not allow any improper influence to come over me by which I shall be led astray.”

Keep me from situations which tempt, Lord. Empower me to hold fast to the righteous robe You have given me. I will not shun the wicked, but lead them to You by my words, my deeds, and Your glory shining through me! I will befriend the sinner knowing that You love him as much as you do me, BUT I will not participate in the activities that separate him from You (eat of his dainties). For the love on One Man, Jesus! AMEN!!!

No comments: