Thursday, April 26, 2012

Psalm 17, 35, 54, 63: For Dear Life

Turmoil and trial induce us to cling "for dear life" to Jesus. Clinging to Jesus during difficult seasons can result in the production of spiritual fruit and activation of spiritual gifts.

Psalm 63, describes David's response to the intense season in which he found himself. King Saul wanted David dead. If I were David, I might have had these thoughts racing through my mind.


*I just want to play my lyre and sing to God, but I am forced to run, hide, and fight.

*I only have wanted good for my king. I sang and played for him when he was distressed. Why does he want to kill me?

*Lord, I don't understand. A leader is suppose to protect, not attempt to harm his subjects.




*You see my heart, Lord.  Why can't Saul see my heart?




David rightly took his complaints, heartaches, and troubles to Abba, the only One able to straighten out the mess.  He admitted his great need for God, knowing that only God could console his agitated soul.


David sets an example for us to follow during seasons of warfare.  However it manifests, the remedy remains the same as it was for David...




*Recognize our great need for God.


*Trust in the Lord's protection.


*Praise Him for all He has done and will do.


*Worship the Lord with all of our heart, mind and strength, no matter what!!!




Empower us, Holy Spirit, with tenacity to cling to Jesus, no matter the circumstances in which we find ourselves.  We trust You, because You are worthy of trust!  Thank You for all the instances in which You have intervened on our behalf.  We love You!  AMEN

No comments: