Monday, April 30, 2012

Psalm 6, 8, 9, 10, 14, 16, 19, 21: Through Dreams


Psalm 16:7-8
Amplified Bible (AMP)

7 I will bless the Lord, Who has given me counsel; yes, my heart instructs me in the night seasons.

8 I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.



I have always been an active dreamer. Even as a child, I remember having dreams, more aptly described as night terrors. These night images would be so terrifying that I would cling to my dear mother as she lay next to me. To be honest, dreams weren’t high on my list of things to do for a good time. I would even be frightened to go to sleep because of these horrible dreams, BUT God changed all of that!

It’s been about 12 years since I have taken my dreams seriously as a form of communication from my God, and I have learned my own dream language in these last dozen years. It’s been an amazing and sometimes terrifying ride, but I am thankful that God loves me enough to direct me in this way.

Through dreams, God has warned, directed, protected, given wisdom, shared His secrets and my favorite, encouraged me.

Not all of my dreams are from Him, but I am learning to differentiate between the dreams of living this life and those from Him. It is a learning experience, but worth it!

Thank You, Lord, for instructing me in the night seasons through my dreams. I appreciate all that You do and have done for me! Your beloved, Beautiful Grace.

No comments: