Thursday, April 19, 2012

1 Samuel 13 & 14: Presumption or Faith

1 Samuel 14:6
Amplified Bible (AMP)

“And Jonathan said to his young armor-bearer, Come, and let us go over to the garrison of these uncircumcised; it may be that the Lord will work for us. For there is nothing to prevent the Lord from saving by many or by few.”


Jonathan was either exhibiting impulsive presumption or bold faith. I know when I read, “For there is nothing to prevent the Lord from saving by many or by few” my spirit leaps!

God’s deliverance from enemies has nothing to do with sheer man-force numbers or battle battalion logistics. God’s power to save does not hinge on man’s ability!!!

I used to worry if my steps were ones of faith or presumption. No longer. My heart is connected to His; if I misstep, He will show me. I remember the advice my awesome earthly father gave me not too long ago, “Jesus is in your heart. I’d go with what’s in your heart.”

I think Jonathan was going with what was in his heart.

No comments: