Thursday, April 5, 2012

Joshua 19-21: Apportioned Overflow


Joshua 19:9
Amplified Bible (AMP)

“Out of the part assigned to the Judahites was the inheritance of the tribe of Simeon, for the portion of the tribe of Judah was too large for them. Therefore the tribe of Simeon had its inheritance in the midst of Judah’s inheritance.”



Here is an excerpt from an email I wrote several months ago…


“The tribe of Judah, which means praise, was given an inheritance by the Lord that was too large for them. They were overflowing with praise, and their brother tribe, Simeon, gained their portion from within the boundaries of Judah. Wouldn’t it be awesome if our lives were so full of praise that our brothers’ (or sisters’) praise was apportioned from our overflow?”


Joshua 21:44-45
Amplified Bible (AMP)

“The Lord gave them rest round about, just as He had sworn to their fathers. Not one of all their enemies withstood them; the Lord delivered all their enemies into their hands.

There failed no part of any good thing which the Lord had promised to the house of Israel; all came to pass.”


This verse touched my heart because at the end of 2011, I asked the Lord what was in store for 2012. He told me a greater rest than I have ever known. Yes, I receive. 2011 held such peace for me! 

Yes, Lord, take me even deeper into that deep pool of love with You!!! And touch my friends with this rest, the rest that sustains even in the midst of difficult circumstances, the peace that floats the soul, and the joy of the Lord, which is our strength! In the beautiful name of Jesus, AMEN!!!

No comments: