Saturday, May 14, 2016

Matthew 7: Keep on Asking, Seeking, and Knocking

Matthew 7:7-8
Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)


7 Keep on asking and it will be given you; keep on seeking and you will find; keep on knocking [reverently] and [the door] will be opened to you.

For everyone who keeps on asking receives; and he who keeps on seeking finds; and to him who keeps on knocking, [the door] will be opened.

The Lord has promised me that 2016 will be filled with "amazing surprises."  The year is not even halfway complete, and I already have been experiencing the promised "amazing surprises."  My older son is being blessed with new career opportunities, my younger son has returned home from living in Kansas since September, my husband is managing hypertension with diet and exercise, and I have been promoted at work to a position, which I did not seek.

All of these "amazing surprises" have been answers to prayers, and all have been the result of asking the Lord to intervene regarding issues touching my heart, seeking God's will regarding various situations, and then knocking reverently and persistently on the "door to the throne room."  

I look forward to the remainder of 2016 with faithful expectation, denying any doubt that attempts to stir anxiety while I await for the fulfillment of longstanding unanswered prayers.  Abba is a good, good Father.  He gives me the desires of my heart and blessings for which I hadn't even imagined asking. 










No comments: