Friday, April 27, 2012

1 Samuel 28-31; Psalm 18: Light Up the Darkness




Psalm 18:28
“For You cause my lamp to be lighted and to shine; the Lord my God illumines my darkness.”


How amazing is God that He would cause us to shine into the darkness?






The movie ***”I Am Legend” depicts this concept as the main character, Dr. Robert Neville, races to find the cure for disease caused by a mutated virus, which has devastated the human race.

I really liked this movie because of its prophetic parallels and science-based theme. The character, Anna, showed up at just the right time to save Neville’s life, because she was following the voice of God. The main character (Neville) had lost his faith in God, but in the end followed God’s direction in order to save the remnants of humanity. In the end, Neville sacrifices himself to protect the antidote by “Light[ing] up the darkness,” and saving the human race from extinction.

“I Am Legend” is a fictional movie, but its prophetic symbols remain true and applicable to us. God can even use a secular movie to inspire us to allow His light to shine through us even in the darkest situations!


***Parent advisory link is listed if anyone is interested. I definitely would not allow a child to see this movie as some of the images are really scary.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480249/parentalguide

No comments: