Wednesday, April 25, 2012

1 Samuel 25-27: God Brings the Justice


My friend, Daughter of Encouragement wrote, "Lord, let me not linger on the things that were! Like Abigail, help me to humbly walk with you so that you will guide all of my steps froward. I trust you!"  


Yes, Lord, me too!




Again, David spares the life of King Saul, trusting God will avenge him of the horrible injustices heaped upon him. 


 1 Samuel 26:9
Amplified Bible (AMP)
"David said to Abishai, Do not destroy him; for who can raise his hand against the Lord's anointed and be guiltless?"


There have been times in my life when I trusted God to work on my behalf within instances of mistreatment, however, sadly there also have been times when I took up my own defense.  When I attempted to protect myself, it made me look like the "villain" rather then the "victim."  Oy vey!!!  :(


In the end, King Saul, the longstanding, murderous enemy of David, admits his own foolishness.


1 Samuel 26:21
Amplified Bible (AMP)
"Then said Saul, I have sinned. Return, my son David, for I will no more do you harm, because my life was precious in your eyes this day. Behold, I have played the fool and have erred exceedingly."


King Saul then goes on to prophesy David's destiny.  Saul did prophesy having the Spirit of Prophesy come upon him at various times, and this was one of those times.


1 Samuel 26:25
Amplified Bible (AMP)
"Then Saul said to David, May you be blessed, my son David; you will both do mightily and surely prevail. So David went on his way, and Saul returned to his place."


Those who allow God to act on their behalf, without taking matters into their own hands can expect the same destiny as David..."you will both do mightily and surely prevail."


However, there is the wisdom of God that one must draw upon in abusive circumstances.  I don't believe God intends for abuse, whether emotional, physical or spiritual to be perpetuated against us, without some sort of response.  In my case, the "abuse" so affected my soul that my emotions clouded the wisdom God had given me.  It's one of those situations in life when I desperately clung to Jesus.  The good that the Lord brought out of this terrible season was that desperation drove me to a much higher level with Him.  That, my friends, is wonderful!


Lord, always do I require Your wisdom!  I don't want to react according to my emotions, even if it is justified according to man.  I want to trust You ALWAYS, no matter what injustice befalls me.  In the name of the Perfectly Just One, Jesus, AMEN!!! 

No comments: