Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Deuteronomy 28 & 29: I See God's Love and Mercy



"Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like You have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks Yours
Everything I am, for Your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity"
from Hosanna by Hillsong



We live in the temporal realm, so when what we consider “bad” things happen to us, we believe it to be the end of our world. In some cases, yes, it is the end of our temporal world.

God, on the other hand, not only lives in the eternal realm, but also has the capacity in His omniscience to see the end from the beginning. He loves us eternally, which is a far greater and more mysterious love then what we can comprehend when we compare His love to the love we know in the temporal realm.

We were created in the image of God, our body belongs to the temporal, but our soul and spirit belongs to the eternal. I believe God sometimes allows or causes “bad” things to happen, because He is attempting to “save” us for eternity. Not that we can save ourselves by by enduring "bad" things or following a list of rules, that’s not what I mean. Jesus is the ONLY way to the Father.

I think of it this way. Why do we as parents punish our kids for wrongdoing? We hope it will train them to avoid wrongful behavior in the future. What if we wouldn’t train our kids in this way? Chances are they would grow up into not very nice people and most likely would be estranged from us.

God doesn’t want us to be estranged from Him for eternity, so could the “curses” in these passages just be a Father training His beloved children in order to cause them to change their ways, cling to Jesus, and spend eternity with Him? Just thinking out loud.  


It’s still up to the individual whether they choose to follow God or not. Just like it’s up to a child to walk in the ways taught to him by his parents.

However, I do not believe all bad things are an attempt at correction of behavior. Many people suffer greatly because of the fallen nature of this world. Diseases and sicknesses can just be a result of pollutants or bacteria, etc., both, which are a result of the original sin.





Regardless of the cause of distressed people, we, as sons and daughters with compassionate hearts, are called to heal them! Holy Spirit, let us love them like you love us, and go into the world to heal. In the name of Jesus, AMEN!!!

Please, don't be offended with my thought processes.  I know God doesn't mind me articulating my thoughts.  He knows the desire of my heart is to know Him as much as a human being can know Him.  Part of getting to know Him is to read His Word without preconceived notions of Who He is.  

Let me encourage each of you to get to know God, one on one, face to face.  He is the most awesome Friend I have ever had in my life!  And even if I don't understand Him completely, I do trust Him with my life.  

With Much Love Always...
Beautiful Grace

No comments: