Sunday, October 5, 2014

Ezekiel 28-31: Faithfulness in the Face of Temptation

"I the Lord [the Sovereign Ruler, Who calls forth loyalty and obedient service]."

This statement is repeated several times throughout the selected chapters.

God is reminding us to live our lives responsibly, being mindful that God is Sovereign.



1
a :  one possessing or held to possess supreme political power or sovereignty


b :  one that exercises supreme authority within a limited sphere


c :  an acknowledged leader :  arbiter
 
 
That means we should be following His direction about how we live. 
 
The Sovereign God "calls forth loyalty and obedient service."
 
 
What does it mean to be loyal?

I think about Christians who are faced with death by beheading for being loyal to the Sovereign God. 

Would you continue profession of loyalty to the Sovereign if faced with death?

Would I remain loyal to my Sovereign if my families' life was threatened?

Consistent prayers for grace to empower us to remain loyal and obedient are imperative!  I pray that we may never experience this demonic terror!

Accessing grace to practice loyalty and obedience in our everyday life enlarges our spiritual resolve for greater trials and temptations.

Someday, when my life on earth has ended, I long to hear my Sovereign say, "Well done, My good and faithful (loyal) servant."

With each choice I make here and now, I want to hear Him say, "Well done, My Beloved, good and faithful daughter."

I'm desperate for His grace.  It's the only way!!!

Sovereign, Father, I receive Your grace to empower me in loyalty and obedient service.  I hear Your call.  I've seen Your power. I am well acquainted with my weaknesses, yet, You say Your strength is made perfect in my weakness.  Perfect Your strength in me!!!  For the glory of Jesus always!  AMEN!!!

No comments: