Thursday, March 22, 2012

Numbers 14, 15 and Psalm 90: This Life is Short, Give Me Wisdom


Psalm 90:12
Amplified Bible (AMP)
“So teach us to number our days, that we may get us a heart of wisdom.

When we truly get the revelation of our mortality, that our days are numbered, that our lives are as brief as the grass that grows up in the morning and withers in the evening (Psalm 90:5 & 6), then we will cease worrying about the transient aspects of this life and start seeking after eternal things like a heart of wisdom.
Two of the kindest trials the Lord has allowed me to walk through have been brain surgery and cancer.
I was 23 years old when I was diagnosed with an aneurysm-like malformation in my brain’s left frontal cortex. Most 23 year olds are not acquainted with life threatening surgeries. Most young adults are thinking about marriage, children, and careers- certainly not the brevity of life. Yet, in allowing me to walk through this trial, God drew me to Him. I had a revelation of how short life really is and how important it is to live life with purpose and passion.
Two days after Christmas 2010, I was diagnosed with breast cancer, and I praise God for the good He has brought from it. For many years, the fear of man controlled my emotions. The Lord used this attack from the evil one, cancer, to break much fear off of me. When someone is unkind or judging, instead of my heart being filled with hurt, my heart now sees the offender’s hurt. I am more convinced now than ever of His great love for me and that has made all the difference in how I live my days.
I have not arrived, by any means, but I feel like I’ve been catapulted past some of these sticking points. I praise my Jesus Who has never left me or forsaken me!!! Thank You, Lord, for ever increasing waves of freedom. I Love You, Jesus!!!

No comments: