Friday, March 9, 2012

Leviticus 11-13: My Vessel For You

Leviticus 11:33
Amplified Bible (AMP)
33 “And every earthen vessel into which any of these [creeping things] falls, whatever may be in it shall be unclean, and you shall break the vessel.”

Creeping things represent sin and our hearts are like the vessel. If a creeping thing (sin) contaminates the vessel (our hearts), the vessel must be broken. I think about how affiliation with sin damages us and eventually ends up breaking our souls.  

BUT, even if we fall to sin and end up with a broken heart, Jesus is right there ready and very willing to pick up the shattered pieces and reform it.  He is the Master Potter!


My Heart Beats For You

My heart beats for You, my Jesus!
You have poured out Your love into the depths of my soul!
Fractured into thousands of pieces was how You found it.
Pain held there by the shattering consequences of sin.
Its story told to You.

Each piece crying, longing for comfort, healing and wholeness.
Heaviness, heaviness, heaviness blanketing soul's shattering.
Bowing down a head, looking to earth's ground in shame.
Yet, You lovingly handled each piece, fractured.
Your touch smoothed and soothed rough edges.

As a Master Craftsman,
You fitted and formed each one together.
Repairing and restoring them into
A beautiful piece of fine china,
You left nothing similar to the vessel found before.

Each piece shining,
No seams, no scars to mar the beauty of
The Potter's workmanship.
The completed work still to be unfolded for all to see,
Yet, the glory of the Master Potter
Shining brightly in the forming,
Each day brighter, reflecting His glory,
A testimony to His miraculous repair.

Oh, soul's Lover, You my Master shine!
The fire bursting forth from those beautiful eyes,
Burns away each impurity embedded in the porcelain white.
Each day purer, whiter, cleaner,
The piece cleansed by the Master's lifeblood.
Shining, shining, shining with His glory.

Oh, how I love You, My soul's Delight.
You have healed me
And caused me to be filled with the joy of Your love.

How I adore You, my Master, my Lover!
Praise, praise, praise You all of my life.
All will hear praises from my lips,
My voice singing into the heavenlies.
All creation hears my praise...


Freedom has been purchased.
Freedom has been given.
Freedom birthed.

Dancing, dancing, dancing for You, my Jesus!
Your pleasure empowers me.
All of my being will praise You.
You deserve nothing less than All I have!

I give You- me, the china piece forming brighter every day.
Head lifted to You, eyes gazing heavenward,
Seeking for the One I love.
My heart beats for You, my Jesus!
You have poured out Your love into the depths of my soul!

Beautiful Grace 7/1/2004
Fortieth Birthday

No comments: