Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Leviticus 24 & 25: Keep Me Burning



I was drawn to Leviticus 24: 2, specifically the second part of it, “…to make a lamp burn continually.”
I am remembering a song I sang as a child.  I referenced it in the previous post, "Shine in the Night," but I feel the lyrics and song are worth repeating as a reminder for us all to burn continually!
Give me oil in my lamp keep me burning.
Give me oil in my lamp I pray.
Give me oil in my lamp keep me burning.
Keep me burning till the break of day.
Sing, Hosanna.
Sing, Hosanna.
Sing, Hosanna to the King of Kings.
Sing, Hosanna.
Sing, Hosanna.
Sing, Hosanna to the King.
I didn’t have a clue how powerful these declarative lyrics were at the time I sang them. Could it be that years later as I seek after the filling of His Oil (Holy Spirit) for my lamp (my being) that I am seeing the power of my childhood words fulfilled?
Give me oil in my lamp, Lord. I want to shine brightly for You through the night and day for all of my days!!!! AMEN!!!

No comments: