Monday, March 19, 2012

Numbers 8-10: Like a Levite


I heard a teaching by Perry Stone several years ago regarding the blowing of the horn (the shofar), that its sound to the evil one is indistinguishable from the voice of God. I have been in gatherings where the shofar is played and I could feel shock waves in the spiritual realm. The link below gives more information on the shofar.


Numbers 8:14
Amplified Bible (AMP)
“Thus you shall separate the Levites from among the Israelites, and the Levites shall be Mine [in a very special sense].”

As far as I know, I do not have a Jewish ancestry, but in the Spirit, I feel like God has said that I am a Levite, one who is set apart and separated to God for His service. Really, all of His kids are separated to Him. It’s just will all of His kids heed the call?

Numbers 8:25-26
Amplified Bible (AMP)
“And at the age of fifty years, they shall retire from the warfare of the service and serve no more,
But shall help their brethren in the Tent of Meeting [attend to protecting the sacred things from being profaned], but shall do no regular or heavy service. Thus shall you direct the Levites in regard to their duties.”

I’m 47 years old. Does this mean in three years I will be retired from warfare? :)

No comments: