Saturday, March 31, 2012

Joshua 1-4: Be Strong and of Good Courage!


Joshua 1:9
Amplified Bible (AMP)
“Have not I commanded you? Be strong, vigorous, and very courageous. Be not afraid, neither be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

This is my life verse! As a child, fear plagued me. As I grew, fear manifested in varying ways. As an adult, fear continued to grow, until it culminated in terror when at age 23, the doctors told me that I needed brain surgery. It was during this time that I cried out to the Lord (and I do mean cried). He touched me and literally gave me the peace that surpasses all understanding.

The night before the surgery, I actually sensed fear come into the room. At that point in my Christian walk, I didn’t understand that fear was a spirit. I began to feel fear’s effects and responded by randomly flipping open my Bible. My eyes fell upon Joshua 1:9! Immediately, peace was restored, and I began to write notes of encouragement for my family to read while I was in surgery.

Jesus and I have been through some tough times together, but each time He has shown Himself to be high and above the worries and strife of this world. Yet, there still remains times when I need to submit my feelings of fear to Him. In response, He takes me away with Him to our place of peace. Boy, do I love Him!!!

Joshua 2:11
Amplified Bible (AMP)
“When we heard it, our hearts melted, neither did spirit or courage remain any more in any man because of you, for the Lord your God, He is God in heaven above and on earth beneath.”

Rahab had hidden the Israeli spies on her roof among the flax stalks, because she knew Israel would be victorious in war against her hometown of Jericho. She admitted that all courage had escaped her people when they heard Israel was coming…why? Because, “the Lord your God, He is God in heaven above and on earth beneath.”

This is our heritage. When faced by a spiritual enemy, we should not be the ones whose hearts melt! Our enemies need to see the power and victory of Jesus in us, and then our legacy will be fulfilled. For if the God of heaven is for us, who then can stand against us?

May the victorious Spirit of Jesus fill us all to overflowing today, and our enemies’ hearts will melt at the sight of us. In the name of Jesus, AMEN!!!






No comments: