Friday, February 3, 2012

Genesis 38-40: Perfection Chooses Imperfection to Perfect


Reading about how God uses imperfect people comforts me, as I am just as imperfect as the next person. At times, I do know that God chooses to move through me to touch others for Him; what an awesome privilege!
I am learning to not be stuck on focusing on my imperfections, but stuck on focusing on the perfection of Jesus! As my gaze is fixed on Him, suddenly my imperfections begin to fade and the perfection of Jesus shines forth. It’s an ongoing process…from glory to glory we are changed, right?

2 Corinthians 3:16-18

Amplified Bible (AMP)

"But whenever a person turns [in repentance] to the Lord, the veil is stripped off and taken away.
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom).

And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit."

No comments: