Thursday, March 15, 2012

Leviticus 26 & 27: Thankful for Mercy and Grace


Leviticus 26:8
Amplified Bible (AMP)

“Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight; your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.”

This well-known warrior verse only applies if a person has obeyed the voice of the Lord. I find Chapter 26 to be sobering. I know I love God, and He knows I love Him. Yet, I still choose wrongly at times. I’m not perfected, yet. There will come a day, when I meet Jesus face to face. In that day, He will give me an incorruptible body- one impervious to disease, to temptation, to imperfection. In the meantime, I place myself at the feet of Jesus, knowing that He alone makes me acceptable (mercy). His Spirit poured out in me and through me strengthens me to make the right choice the next time (grace).

No comments: