Thursday, March 29, 2012

Deuteronomy 30 & 31: Encourage, Admonish...Bring Life!


I appreciated today’s reading. There are many great verses that encourage and admonish, bringing life!


Deuteronomy 30
Amplified Bible (AMP)



Verse 6

“And the Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your [mind and] heart and with all your being, that you may live.”



I love how God takes the responsibility for circumcising our hearts. We don’t need to work, work, work on it ourselves. Our part is to allow Him to do His work on us!!!


Verse 14

“But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your mind and in your heart, so that you can do it.”



God’s very words within me…AWESOME!!!!


Verses 19 & 20

“I call heaven and earth to witness this day against you that I have set before you life and death, the blessings and the curses; therefore choose life, that you and your descendants may live. And may love the Lord your God, obey His voice, and cling to Him. For He is your life and the length of your days, that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to give to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”



I choose life! God and God alone determines the length of my days here on earth!!!


Deuteronomy 31
Amplified Bible (AMP)



Verse 6 & 8

“Be strong, courageous, and firm; fear not nor be in terror before them, for it is the Lord your God Who goes with you; He will not fail you or forsake you.”



“It is the Lord Who goes before you; He will [march] with you; He will not fail you or let you go or forsake you; [let there be no cowardice or flinching, but] fear not, neither become broken [in spirit--depressed, dismayed, and unnerved with alarm].”


It doesn’t matter what enemy stands before me, because God goes with me and never forsakes me!!!


Jesus, I love Your encouragement. Allow me to know You in deeper ways in 2012. Your bride, Beautiful Grace!

No comments: