Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Exodus 25-27: Shine in the Night


Exodus 21:20 “You shall command the Israelites to provide you with pure oil of crushed olives for the light, to cause it to burn continually [every night].”

Exodus 21:21 “In the Tent of Meeting [of God with His people], outside the veil which sets apart the Testimony, Aaron and his sons shall keep it burning from evening to morning before the Lord. It shall be a statute to be observed on behalf of the Israelites throughout their generations.”
God wants His temple to shine. We are His temples, and the fuel causing us to shine is the oil of the Holy Spirit. As living vessels, it is our responsibility to ensure we are filled with “oil,” burning brightly through the night. God wants us to shine in order to bring light to those trapped in the darkness. The fire coming from us leads others to Him.
I find it curious that the oil used to fuel the temples lights was olive oil, the same oil that my doctor told me is the best oil for me to eat. I see symbols in just about everything. ;)
Give me Your oil, Lord. I want to shine through the night for You!!!!
I just thought of a song that I sang as a child.  Be blessed as you listen.  :)


No comments: