Thursday, May 3, 2012

Psalm 73-78: My Song in the Night

Psalm 74:16
Amplified Bible (AMP)

16The day is Yours, the night also is Yours; You have established the [starry] light and the sun.


Psalm 77:1-4
Amplified Bible (AMP)

1 I WILL cry to God with my voice, even to God with my voice, and He will give ear and hearken to me.

2 In the day of my trouble I seek (inquire of and desperately require) the Lord; in the night my hand is stretched out [in prayer] without slacking up; I refuse to be comforted.

3 I [earnestly] remember God; I am disquieted and I groan; I muse in prayer, and my spirit faints [overwhelmed]. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

4 You hold my eyes from closing; I am so troubled that I cannot speak.


Psalm 77:6
Amplified Bible (AMP)

6 I call to remembrance my song in the night; with my heart I meditate and my spirit searches diligently:


Insomnia is not fun! Many years ago, I struggled through a season of insomnia. It was difficult because the evil one used the quietness of night to whisper his lies of condemnation. Anxiety led to depression, which led to panic attacks. It definitely was not fun!

Yet God in His mercy brought so much good out of that difficult time that I look back with awe. It was during those sleepless nights that I immersed myself in His word. Nighttime became the time where the Lord and I met unhindered by the day’s responsibilities. He taught me to hear Him more clearly in the night season…dreams and visions were birthed because of this extended time with Him. I had some remarkable supernatural experiences during that time of sleeplessness! I will be forever grateful!!!

If any of you suffer from difficulty sleeping, use that time to devote yourself to the Lord. The benefits are magnificent, and the evil one will soon allow you to sleep again, because he really hates it when God kids hang out with Him.

No comments: