Friday, February 17, 2012

Exodus 1-3: Oppression and Affliction, Good?


I really like these verses from the Amplified version.

Exodus 3:14 “And God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM and WHAT I AM, and I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE; and He said, You shall say this to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you!”

Exodus 1:11-12 “So they set over [the Israelites] taskmasters to afflict and oppress them with [increased] burdens. And [the Israelites] built Pithom and Rameses as store cities for Pharaoh. But the more [the Egyptians] oppressed them, the more they multiplied and expanded, so that [the Egyptians] were vexed and alarmed because of the Israelite.”

These verses stir hope and confidence that as oppression and affliction comes, God may be using it to multiply and expand... our descendants, our possessions, our spiritual maturity, our giftings, the manifestation of Spiritual fruit.
Thank You, Lord, that no experience is wasted, whether we deem it to be good or bad. They are so many things in this life which are incomprehensible to human understanding, BUT You know all!!! Your thoughts and ways are higher than ours!!!

Isaiah 55:8-9 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.”

No comments: