Monday, February 20, 2012

Exodus 10-12: Worthy is the Lamb

Listen to this song while you read my post.  :)




Exodus 12:17 "And you shall observe the Feast of Unleavened Bread, for on this very day have I brought your hosts out of the land of Egypt; therefore shall you observe this day throughout your generations as an ordinance forever."



I remember the powerful Presence of the Lord at my first celebration of the Passover. My friend and her husband had invited my family to share in the Seder, the name for the symbolic meal served.  Each step of the Seder retraces Israel's captivity in Egypt, the means God used for its deliverance, and the promise of the coming Messiah.  

This Messianic Jewish service recounts the awesomeness of God’s deliverance of Israel and the symbolic parallels to Jesus and our own deliverance!  

My favorite part of the ceremony was the symbolical inviting of Elijah into the home of the celebration.  The Old Testament Prophet, Elijah, prophetically symbolizes God's Spirit...Wow!!!  I could actually feel the Presence of God's Spirit when the invitation was given.

The Holy Spirit loves to come and be with us, encouraging and empowering us as we walk through this sometimes challenging life.

If you ever have the chance to celebrate the Passover Seder, do it!

Holy Spirit,you have already come into my life, reveal Yourself in deep and powerful ways to me and my family, which are uniquely tailored to each of us as individuals and as a family unit.  In the powerful and beautiful name of Jesus, AMEN!

No comments: