Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Genesis 32-34: Angels Along the Way


Genesis 32:1 & 2 
“THEN JACOB went on his way, and God’s angels met him.  When Jacob saw them, he said, This is God’s army! So he named that place Mahanaim [two armies].”


Amazing how two magnificent verses seem to be an insert into the main thrust of the story of Jacob’s meeting with Esau.
If something like that would happen to me, I think I would need to devote a book to describing the incident.
Could it be that God revealed the angelic armies to Jacob in order to instill confidence in God’s protection as he prepared to meet his brother, Esau?
Lord, open my eyes to the angelic hosts encamped around me and my family. Give me eyes to see and ears to hear. Cause faith to rise up in me, trusting that You are our fortress and shield from the enemies that prowl and seek to destroy. In Jesus’ name, AMEN!!!

No comments: