Tuesday, August 7, 2007

High School High Questions Answered

1. Who was your best friend?
Sue C.

2. Did you play any sports?
Are you kidding!?!? My motto was and is, “Thou shalt not sweat.”

3. What kind of car did you drive?
Plymouth, Volare; Grand Safari (I'm not sure what company manufactured); Ford, Fairmont.

4. It’s Friday night. Where were you?
With Strongman, bowling or watching T.V.

5. Were you a party animal?
NO, I was a homebody. Still am.

6. Were you considered a flirt?
Strongman was my only high school boyfriend (first and last)

7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir?
Absolutely, it was the only thing I really enjoyed about high school. I especially enjoyed being involved with the Trojanaires ( a small singing group) and the high school musical, “Of Thee I Sing.”

8. Were you a nerd?
It depended on who you spoke to. My singing buddies thought I was o.k. Some people still do think I'm a little strange, but I try to listen to Jesus about what He says about me, not the voices of the world.

9. Were you ever suspended or expelled?
No, but I did “earn” a warning with the threat of detention in my senior year. I skipped a class during “Student is a Teacher Day”. The principal, Dave C., one of my singing buddies, gave me a speech on how disappointed he was in me. I'm sorry, Dave!!! Forgive me, Jesus!!!

10. Can you sing the fight song?
Yes, the chorus!!! It was “We Will Rock You”

11. Who was your favorite teacher?
Mr. Hamme (art), Mrs. Hassinger (creative writing and literature), Mr. Foster (social studies and sociology), Mr. Adams (history, didn't like the subject but loved the man) Each one of these educators encouraged me and because of it, caused me to make positive decisions for my future or rethink my self-worth.

12. What was your school mascot?
a Trojan

13. Did you go to the Prom?
Yes, 2 times, both with Strongman

14. If you could go back, would you?
No. I made some unwise choices in high school, but the Lord has taken my unwise choices and made me into the person I am today… I am o.k. with that!

15. What do you remember most about graduation?
Feeling free!!!!

16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day?
I didn’t skip (o.k., maybe I was a little nerdy, but at the time I went to school, it was a serious thing to skip school. Nowadays, the schools expect a Senior Skip Day)

17. Did you have a job your senior year?
No, I was too busy with extra-curricular music stuff.

18. Where did you go most often for lunch?
The Covered Bridge

19. Have you gained weight since then?
Yes… ;)

20. What did you do after graduation?
I attended Steelton-Highspire Tech. and became a practical nurse. Then I got a job, got married to Strongman, attended HACC and became an R.N.

21. What year did you graduate?
1982

22. Who was your Senior Prom Date?
Strongman

23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion?
Yes, I did go to my tenth, but I won’t be attending my twenty-fifth. It is scheduled on Strongman and my 23rd anniversary. I think I’ll celebrate with him instead. ;)

No comments: