Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Job 32-35: Shine in the Fire


It is clear in Job chapter 2, that God allowed, gave permission for satan to attack Job. Do I understand? No.
Yet, I do know that in my own life, my most difficult seasons have drawn me closer to my God. In thankfulness, I look back on the most difficult decade of my life knowing that during that horrible time, God opened by spiritual eyes through dreams, visions, whispers of His heart to mine, etc. In all honesty, I would have preferred an easier way, but warriors are not strengthened by ease.
Warriors undergo training…to stand on His firm foundation when everything around in being shaken, to run when the physical body begs to rest, to fight when emotions scream to shrink back and, to shine when the evil one whispers to hide.
In my case, God was sifting the flesh out of my soul. He was purifying my vessel in the fire. but that isn’t always the case as stated in 1 Peter 1:7
“So that [the genuineness] of your faith may be tested, [your faith] which is infinitely more precious than the perishable gold which is tested and purified by fire. [This proving of your faith is intended] to redound to [your] praise and glory and honor when Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) is revealed.”
Thank You, Lord, for taking my vessel and sifting it, purifying it. My heart’s desire is to be like You in every way, so when people see me, they see You. Continue Your holy work in me. I don’t understand Your ways, but I do trust You!!! AMEN!!!

No comments: